Friday, September 01, 2006

So allow me to summarize the past few weeks.

PEI kicked the shit out of me. My very first night out I received a broken nose, the night of Dan's wedding I woke up under a car in Sherwood in a tuxedo and lost my cell phone, oh and and I got pepper sprayed and spent a night in the drunk tank after urinating off a bar balcony. I saw a lot of people I sorely missed, and didn't see even more. The time went by way fast and I found myself barely fitting in my dying grandmother (my "healthy" grandmother I didn't see at all). The entire trip I was abhorrently irresponsible and I found myself needing a vacation from my "vacation". I also will in all likelihood be paying back my mother until the year 2059.
My time there was entirely weird. Since I got back I've been trying to find a coherent way to put it into words. August is always a crazy month for me psychologically, and a trip back home was entirely too much for my brain to handle. I consumed enough drugs to make up for my 4 month hiatus, and enough Rev to give me diabetes. Consciously or not, I burned all kinds of bridges and I made a complete fool out of myself, because "Fuck, why does it matter?"
Everywhere I went I would hear Dashboard Confessional or Stone Temple Pilots or Blink 182 in my head, and everything I saw and did made me sickeningly nostalgic. The whole visit had a shocking Garden State-ness to it. I was home. Or was I? PEI will always be my home up here *points to head* but things didn't feel right, everything there felt vaguely foreign, as if I had lived it in a past life, and my interactions with people were completely different. I found myself feigning a different personality for myself in order to facilitate social interactions. Everything from family to friends, it's almost as if I wouldn't be loved if I came back "the current Matt." It's really exceptionally difficult to explain, but suffice it to say I will always miss PEI people, but I didn't (and don't) miss PEI's bullshit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea Van Tol said...

I don't really know what to say to this post. you know how i feel anyways about all that pei stuff :P

9:59 AM  
Blogger jemm_shine said...

Hey Matt..
Strangly I think I know how you feel (second half of the post) Try to remember .. all of your pei people will love you even if you changed. Everyone eventually changes, so as impossible as it seems, don't be afraid to be youself! Lots of Love
Jenn aka J~Po

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bud, no worries, no bridges burnt here, what a crazy week that was.
we'll get some pics out to you asap.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Van Tol said...

HI MAYTYRGETGBRTHARFCG5

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home