Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wow. What a city.
Most of this morning was spent completely lost and confused, but kind of in a good way, I hopped on a quasi-random bus and got off in a pretty sketchy area. There were used needle disposal cans and a man with aluminum legs in a wheelchair yelling about how the world is coming to a end, so I gave him the rest of my meatball sub and listened to what he had to say. There was a lot of indecipherable mumbling. The only words I could make out and remember were "AntiChrist" and "Apocolypse"
Eventually I found my way to a downtown mall which is bigger than any I've ever seen. I bought a cell phone and checked out HMV, etc. If you have some sort of sweet long distance plan and want to talk to me, fire me an email because receiving calls doesn't cost me shit.
After the mall I took a looooong walk to 17th Ave and walked down it for even longer in the hopes of finding Megatunes. 17th Ave. is everything a shopping district should be. I checked out a headshop, there was a sweet store with DJ equipment, records, and t-shirts, another with skateboard/snowboard gear, and eventually, Megatunes. The entire purpose of this ridiculous walk was to find this place to see if the had deftones tickets. So I walk in and ask the guy and he goes out back and gets one, and when I ask him how much he wants for it he tells me "Not to worry about it." A friggin' $50 ticket, free! Made the trek completely worth it. So to make it up to him, I bought a sweet tshirt and the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs disc. 30 Bucks for everything. I am awesome. By a complete fluke I walked outside and realized that there was a stop for a bus that would take me home. I got out 4 effin' stops early because I still don't understand this whole mass transit system. But I walked the rest of my way back singing at the top of my lungs and feeling on top of the world, and really, what more can you ask for?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you landed on your feet! Lemme know how the Deftones concert goes...

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was all very incredible and fun sounding.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home