Monday, March 13, 2006

My mind has been too racy to sleep normally lately. I lie down, turn off the lights, but I can't stop thinking about stuff. Nothing in particular, just stupid rubbish I really have no need to be thinking about. With my senses depraved, my mind races, I'll have to consiously have to try and stop thinking. Obviously the more you try to not think, the more you end up doing it. When I'm at work, I'm a zombie because of no sleep, and on my days off I get nothing done because I sleep all day. Eventually I just give up, turn on the T.V., and next thing you know, you've just watched all of Blow, and it's 5am. I'm starting to think that the only way I'm going to get to sleep on a regular basis is to consume half a bottle of Imovane and a pint of rye each night, but that could get expensive, not to mention depressing.

3 Comments:

Blogger jnelle said...

maybe you need some white noise. i like the sound of hair dryers to put me to sleep. or a sound machine. or, a radio set to no station, just dead air. kinda creepy when you think about dead air...oh crud, i just gave myself the chills :(

9:01 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I can remember you passing out in your room with the door locked and the hair dryer on full tilt, and your Mom trying forever to wake you up. I have a desk fan that I use for background noise and run 24/7 that works perfect.
Last night I went with the whiskey and it did the job, tonight it'll likely be the imovane

4:29 PM  
Blogger al said...

"With my senses depraved"

I like that expression.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home