Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So I've meen thinking a lot lately about how little I would have to offer in the context of any type of romantic relationship. I'm not really looking for one, so it's not a big deal, but that's not to say I wouldn't be open for the right one.
That said, I'm poor, overweight, and I'm not overly attractive so "the right one" may be a long time coming.
I've spent such a large portion of my life coupled up, that it feels kinda weird being "the single guy". That's not to say I don't like it, it's just different. I'm looking at things from a completely different persective nowadays. Though I am happy to be able to stand tall on my own, but I often feel outcast in certain social circles, and it does suck sometimes not to have somebody I can share everything with (which is likely why I started writing here again).
It's been really hard to write what's in my head tonight. I'm trying my best not to be whiney or self depreciating, so if it comes across as that, I apologize. There are just quite a few things about myself that I don't like, namely my life in general and where it's going. I totally need a change of pace post haste. A reader questioned me about my "I want a girl I have to change for" post. What I meant was that I 'm so set in my ways that I want someone who loves me for who I am, but sees (and brings out) the greater depth and overall better person that I can feel in myself. The post was more about ameliorating myself rather than being in a reationship.
My next best (and entirely better) plan is to move. Get far off of Prince Edward Island, make mad bank, get into shape, get my shit in gear, become and come back a brand new (but essentially the same) person.
Sounds good eh? It's that last one that may be the kicker though.
Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger jnelle said...

go west young chinaman, and you can stay in my basement!

seriously!

you stil didn't email me your address. no beef jerky for you until you do!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Martha-Anne said...

Great to finally talk in person. You are awesome. :) Thanks for the beeeeeeer. Nice karokee tonight.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home