Friday, December 19, 2003

Saturday- "This is crazy Matt."

Before I open my eyes, I know I'm in Halifax. I'm in pain and horribly hungover. I decide around 10am a lil' colt will put out that fire. I was correct. Buzzed, we go to the farmer market. I climb a building, drunk. Fun.
Upon our return I take a nap.
When I wake up there are papers scattered everywhere. I immediately think: "They photocopied that damn heart throb."
You see, Trevor is one of the cards in the popular 1988 Milton Bradley Classic "Heart throb" The thing about Trevor is, he has the most horrifficly disturbing face you've ever seen. Not in a disfigured way, more like in a creepy rapist-molester sort of way. Throw in the perm, eye liner, and you have Trevor.
So whilst I was asleep Team Trevor went to Staples and made about 200 copies of this god awful face with a white border around it. We immediately got to work writing non-sensical captions on each one. examples:
"Pusher"
"Drug of choice"
"One man bottle drive"
"Touch me"
"Dear Halifax, I just farted."
et cetera.
The day was spent "trevorizing" the city. Taping many to poles, putting them in mailboxes, handing them to pedestrians saying only: "If you're interested.."
We return and decide to have a party. The rest gets hazy. Meg and Jeff had stolen a 40 of rum and of whiskey. Your humble narrator wet his whistle in some colt, then each of the above. rekindling his fondness for rum and cokes.
It was in the process of shooting said rum that I was introduced as "crazy Matt", as was becoming custom. Jenna had taken to introducing me as such, and I was becoming fond of the moniker. I believe the girl's name was Amanda...
A: "Well let me see your eyes" (I had sunglasses on)
Me: "My eyes?"
A: "Yeah, I'll be able to tell you if you're crazy or not." (I show her my eyes) "Nope, you're not crazy."
Me: "Wha?"
A: "Nope, you're not crazy."
I leaned back, gave her a wave, then promptly threw myself down the stairs.
She later apologized for the error.
I do believe after that we went to pizza corner to show Ray the Trevor we had put up whose caption simply read; "Ray Lavers" En route, I climb a roof and jump off. My foot is still sore.
On our return I pass out for the first time in three tries that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home