Sunday, November 16, 2003

Whatever happened to Blood letting?

Back in the day (1800's), many people believed that illnesses were caused by "bad blood". To rectify this problem, whenever a person felt sick, they'd visit their barber, who would stick them like a pig.
Fun fact- Those red and white striped poles you see at every barber shop? Yeah, well they began when early barbers would drape bloody towels around a pole to show potential clients how proficient they were. Funner fact- That's just something I had in my head, god knows where I learned it.
In any case, I was in such a fowl mood Wednesday, everything was rotten, I was apathetic, irritable, and I seemed like I wanted to kill everybody. I went to donate blood, and had to sit down to wait as they were putting someone else through. As I was sitting, a couple waltzes in and buts in front of me. The nurses saw it, as did the other customer, and despite both of our claims that I was there first. . . -nothing. I almost took some of their blood right there.
But after I had donated blood, I felt euphoric, everything in the universe was wonderful. Such a rapid reversal in mood. I wish I could donate blood more often. I might try plasma, you can give that every week. I don't have the level of insanity required to make myself bleed, and this is a safe, social friendly alternative.

Matt's weekend out:
Thursday:
*Walks by Myron's*
"Hmm... perhaps I'll wet my whistle"
-We won trivia
*scene missing*
-Pixies Dancing around a maypole
*scene missing*
wake up at home, go to work. die.
Friday:
Slept 14 consecutive hours.
Saturday:
Went to Chuck's, consumed various chemicals with him and dan, pulled some fear and loathing in Charlottetown. No one started any riots, despite our best attempts to incite them.
For shame.
Sunday:
So far on tap I see nothing but a lot of sleeping and football watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home