Wednesday, June 16, 2004

La musique: Dead skin mask- Slayer.

So Friday morning I got up at crowpiss to meet the crew, and we proceeded to the booming metropolis of Moncton to attend the show. After stoping in Shediac to hang out with the giant lobster, and stopping three times for directions. We finally arrived at The Scenic Motel, Moncton's finest 1 .5 star hotel at approx 1 o'clock.
Included in price of hotel:
-1 can of pop (stolen)
-two double beds, one twin (read: cot) with smurf blankets!
-Creepy horror movie vibe that we were all about to be disembowled. It was determined Chrissy would be the only one to survive.
The 'office' included such gems as a 1992 world champs Toronto Blue Jays plaque, Toy cars shaped like postal vans, and a dog that looked like a toupee.
We hit up the beer store, I promptly dropped 106 bones on beer. After some 'down time' we decided to hit up the parking lot and drink there.
Waited in line, got my camera past security, got right up to the front. I enjoyed the Damageplan set (at least more than my cohorts) mostly because I caught a Vinnie Paul drumstick. Caught the first few Slayer songs, but about that time the gate I was leaning against gave way. While the security guards were holding it up, there was no way for me to tell there were crowd surfers coming behind me. I got kicked in the head pretty good, resulting it what I'm pretty sure (in my expert medical opinion) was a concussion. Time to exit that scene. After walking around the arena horribly confused I decided to sit as far back as I could, and still watch the show. No dice. With the urge to vomit, dizziness, headaches , sensitivity to light, I figured the worst place for me to be was a heavy metal concert. I headed out to the car, and tried my best not to pass out. But when we went back to the hotel I did just that.
The trip home was uneventful. We were all too motherfucking tired to be entertaining. Oh wait, we visited the giant chicken.
Saturday evening me and C-Rock hit up the drive in and saw Shrek 2. I didn't like most of the movie, but it certainly livened up at the end.
Sunday, we played some baseball. And had other drug-video camera combo related tomfoolery. Chuck hurt his coxsus (sp?) and tried to blame it on me. I mean, just cause I was chasing him with a giant rock....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home