Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm not a patient man. I pout when I don't get what I want, I sulk. I'm all about instant gratification, up size my fries, now, now, now. Obviously that's something I need to work on. People crave, objects, relationships, money, stature, I'm no different. Buddhists say the origin of suffering is craving for things that we think will give us pleasure. And boy, are they onto something.
There's a lot of things out there that I want. Most aren't all that original or inspiring, so you don't need to hear about those. The ones that are unique to me or that I wake up to in the morning are either too embarrassing or private to share with you bozos. I just need to put my head down, keep on trucking, and hope my ship will come in. It's the only choice I have, but it's got me really scared. In a way that's kind of a good thing and has me excited. Fear as a motivator can leaves us paralysed like a dear in the headlights, I'll just have to find some balance and walk the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home