Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well, so today was our baby shower for Baby Jude. I really didn't know what to expect due to my lack of experience with said events.
It was really weird for me in that I was the only person who knew everyone there, so I had a certain duty to say hello to everyone, converse with everyone, and thank everyone. This is a tricky job to do without feeling like you've slighted a person or group of people, so kind of left there feeling like everyone was pissed off at me. Maybe I'm just to needlessly anxious about this sort of thing.
It was also a odd getting so many gifts without having anything to give people back. It kinda felt like I forgot about Christmas but everyone still got me something. You can only say thank you so much before it sounds forced, because it is. Don't get me wrong I love my friends and family and appreciate EVERYTHING, but whoa. It was just a lot to deal with.

My Mom, God love her, decided to show the birth video which was pretty boring (even for me), but Jude seemed to hold up his end of the bargain by entertaining as best he could.
That said, those of you in attendance who read this thing, thank you sooo much. It totally cemented my decision to move back here (Not that it wasn't already). Your generosity was amazing (and obviously a bit overwhelming).
Much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger a said...

Sorry I couldn't stay longer!

I actually had a blast shopping for the little babikins.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home