Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ah, the joys of parenthood. It's currently 5:10 am and I'm unable to sleep. Not to say it's because of the boy, as he is soundly tucked in to the basinette next to me. No, this is just run of the mill insomnia. It's not even insomnia, I just prefer to be up at night. I'm debating whether to go to sleep (as I have been lately at this time) or just to tough it out and try to reset my sleep schedule. I have xbox and my son to keep me company, so why not? He just woke up and as it stands right now I'm typing with one hand, cradling him with my other arm and holding his bottle upright with my cheek. I have mastered this maneuver as well as many other parenting points that now come as second nature. The 'baby's asleep' diaper change, the one handed bottle prep, navigating onesie snaps, assembling random infant products, are now all automatic, seamless.
I just took a break to change his diaper and experenced an event where he peed, pooped, and spit up all sans diaper. Crisis averted, all handled, for I am superdad.
Now if I could only find a job.

1 Comments:

Blogger a said...

you are superdad. I'm so happy for you and chelsea. what a fun little dude.

In other news, jobs are stupid.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home