Tuesday, November 02, 2004

La musique: my way- Sid Vicious

Sid Vicious was 21 when he died. Most people know who he is, or have at least heard the name before. He died a junkie and a murderer, but somehow I can't shake the rotten feeling that he did more in Twenty one years than I will in my entire life. I'm almost 22 and I've done nothing to make the world a better place or to create any type of legacy to be remembered by anyone except my friends.
I have this rotten feeling of emptiness that my life is coming and going, and I'm doing nothing to make it worth while. Part of me craves things like heated leather seats or all inclusive trips, but the other side realizes that I don't need/deserve these things and that even if I did have them, my life wouldn't be any better. Is that why I'm in University? Is that why I'm trudging around fucking home depot 30+ hours a week? Is this monotony leading up to anything or am I just a slave to the system that has taught me to crave things I can never have?
Altered states of perception are all well and good, but when it comes time to go back to reality the world seems harsher still, there are deadlines, bills, jobs, fights and scores of other things to be dealt with, and I hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home