Sunday, August 15, 2004

La musique: Bloodletting- The Haunted

You mean he didn't marry Winnie?

Ever wonder if anti-itch lotions are just placebos? I find that my bug bites don't itch unless I scratch them, or if they brush up against clothing. If I ignore them for a bit (though difficult it may be) I usually forget about them and they don't bother me. So asuming I'm not alone in the population with this trait, these lotions may be just regular skin creme.
Picture this: You're itchin', you're scratching, then you realize: "Hey I have some after-bite in my medicine cabinet." You apply the product, and shazaam and abracadabra, the itch is gone.
Now is that really because of the effectiveness of the product, or did the fact that you applied the product just allow your brain to forget it just long enough for the itch to subside?
It's a shame I'm not in grade 8, cause that'd make a mean science project.

I haven't decided if I'm going to show up for my Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday shifts yet. Maybe some but not others. My original plan was to leave my headseat and swipe card after tonight's shift with a note saying "I won't be back". However, another girl quit on the program I want to get on to, making my chances even better. If I stay this the end of the week, it'll give me enough time to finish my resume and and also show the other supervisor I'm not a complete cock. Being pals with two of the people on said program will hopefully help too ;D

That being said, I'm at work now, and drinking. I have a big plastic coffee mug and I'm drinking beer out of it. I've had 3 already. I've also done a decent job of correcting my typos, but I'm not making any guarantees for the future.
I'm actually going to get some more beer now. I'll be sure to add to this post as the night (and intoxication) continues. (2:30 am).

2:50 am- watching (rather listening) to F&L in Las Vegas, playing online Yahtzee, and on my fourth beer. Geting paid $11.50 an hour. This is the job I am quiting. Backshifts are different. I'd be content working backshifts the rest of my life if I could. Getting increasingly fucked.
This is a very onminous assignment with overtones of extreme personal danger.

4:40 am- just came back from MCdonald's with Eagan. Am considerably drunk. 33gggg9 FUCK!
games.com is undergoinhg maintenence. Ican't play Yahtzee anymore. FUCKING JEZZBALL IT IS. I ish I was doing mY master thesis on Barbara Streisand.

I must reek2 ofn beer now . I've been spilling it all over myself all night. Crude plastic recepticles are difficault eo drink out of with making a mess. I'm pretty sure my backseat is a mess of broken glass, spilled beer, and student loan papers. Goofd fucking night. (I still have 3 hrs left).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home